10 Gigabit for the Broad Market
The Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540 is the latest innovation in Intel’s leadership to drive 10 Gigabit Ethernet into the broader server market. This adapter hosts Intel’s latest Ethernet silicon, the Intel® Ethernet Controller X540, which is used by many OEMs as a single chip solution for LAN on Motherboard (LOM) to deliver 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) on the latest server platforms.
10GBASE-T Simplifies the Transition to 10 GbE
The Intel X540 family of products works with existing networks today. It works with legacy Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switches and Cat 6A cabling. Install the Intel X540 adapter into a server and the auto-negotiation between 1 GbE and 10 GbE provides the necessary backwards compatibility that most customers require for a smooth transition and easy migration to 10 GbE. When time and budget allows, 10GBASE-T switches can be added any time to experience the full benefits of 10 GbE.
- 10Gigabit Ethernet card offers the flexibility and scalability to make infrastructure run as efficiently and productively as possible with 10Gigabit data transfer rate
- This 4000 MB/s bandwidth PCI Express x8 adapter ensures easy connectivity and plug-in form-factor for affordable and reliable Ethernet network
- This dual port 10gigabit ethernet card lets you add two network ports using a single expansion slot to a client, server or workstation
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for speedy data transfer up to 100 meters
- With the 10GBase-T technology get up to 10Gbps data transfer rate over the twisted pair cable